Center for Learning
Learning and support services are available to assist students in meeting St. Mary’s academic expectations. The Center for Learning provides research-based solutions for academic, processing, and organizational needs. In addition, Center for Learning staff works closely with teachers and administrators at St. Mary’s in order to help students to realize their potential.
Since 2003, the Center for Learning has continued to pursue the goal of affecting positive change in students’ academic performance, study habits, and overall self-confidence. Thanks to a generous donation from the Hausman Foundation, the Center for Learning created a learning laboratory complete with assistive technology available to all of our students.
Goals of the Center for Learning:
- Collaborate with administrators and teachers consistently to assist students
- Identify issues early in order to prevents students from feeling unsuccessful
- Recommend and provide early intervention strategies for home and school
- Provide support for appropriate classroom accommodations for students (i.e. extended time for tests).
- Help students better understand their individual learning style
- Provide additional communication between school and home with regard to student progress
- Work with teachers to differentiate instruction in order to support students with different learning styles
- Provide on-campus educational therapy on a fee-for-service basis, both for those students who will benefit from enrichment in an area of talent and for those students who are in need of support in one or more areas.
- The Center for Learning is able to utilize neuropsychological/psycho-educational assessment results to develop an individual learning plan for students.
- The Center for Learning is able to conduct neuropsychological/psycho-educational assessments on a fee for service basis.
More information is available on the C4L website https://c4l.net/